Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Making Sense of Marine Debris: Free Educator Workshop
Saturday, June 17, 2006 from 9:00 PM to 4:00 PM (PDT)
Come learn about new educational resources for teaching and learning about our treasured ocean.
• Thematic focus on ecosystems and the threat of marine debris
• Tips for interactively integrating media into the learning environment
• Hands-on guidance and practice with Ocean Adventures and River of Words lesson plans and activities
• Techniques to enhance your lessons by incorporating poetry and art
• Tour of River of Words’ Young at Art Gallery
A light breakfast and lunch will be provided; attendees receive lesson plans and DVD of the first episode of the series, Voyage to Kure!
Space is limited.
KQED Education Network leads the educational outreach effort for the Ocean Adventures series and has created a multitude of resources to help educators bring the ocean to life for their students.
River of Words9 innovative Watershed Explorer curriculum combines science, art and poetry. Learn techniques from ancient China that make creating poetry fun, confidence-building and anxiety free.
When & Where
KQED Education serves educators in schools, colleges, universities and informal learning environments. Specializing in STEM, Arts and News content, we produce high-quality digital learning tools, distribute free resources, and train educators to use educational media and digital media tools.